The calendar may not have marked the first official day of summer yet, but as far as I'm concerned, summer is officially here. The weather is warm and humid, the sky thunders and flashes at night, and the kids are winding down on another school year. One year ago my blog posts were full of the oldest and his graduation. Now the time of the middle is fast approaching. My former long-haired rock star is about to be a senior and the baby of the family is moving on to her sophomore year.
In the midst of all this, the following question was presented to me just this afternoon:
Mom, are you depressed?
Not at the moment. Why?
Because (the middle) and I were discussing it, and we think you are depressed.
Why would I be depressed?
Because (the oldest) will be moving out soon.
So you discuss me and my moods when I'm not around?
Basically.
I assured my young psychologist that I am not at all feeling depressed and wondered out loud how I have been acting that would make anyone thing that way. The answer?
Well, you're kinda quiet and you really don't cook anymore.
That made me laugh. I don't cook anymore? I'm tired, people. Little Miss Holly Homemaker has went back to work and it's taking more than a little while to get back in the swing of things. I still cook, but it's not an every night thing... it's more of a hit and miss thing, to tell the truth.
But they're in luck tonight.
Mama's gonna cook and she's in a good mood.
We'll discuss the moving out of the oldest at another time.
2 comments:
They may have got it wrong. But at least they are worried about you.
That's funny. And what a catchy title for a blog entry!
Post a Comment