So far this morning I have...
Watched three kids get ready for school with zero complaining.
Made a 45-minute commute one way through three separate school zones.
(That same route going home only took eight minutes... yes, I am a clock watcher).
Did a rush job on my hair and makeup to hang out with the husband.
Sat in a VA waiting room watching a bunch of older male vets watch Rachel Ray.
(And I am not lying when I say all heads perked up at the sound of bra advice).
Took up space at our local downtown Waffle House.
Listened to waitresses gripe about their customers and government vouchers.
(Who were complaining that $675 in government monthly housing aid wasn't enough).
Came home to a quiet house and two wound-up cats.
Sat on the front porch swing taking in the breeze.
(And promised myself I would start cleaning the house at noon).
Twelve o'clock on the dot (okay, technically three minutes past).
Time to fire up the vacuum and scare a few cats.
I absolutely love this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment