There are few things in life that chocolate cake cannot fix.
Unfortunately, I may be knee-deep in the middle of one of those times.
But I still ate the cake, just to be sure.
What do you do when you know something you shouldn't know? And this is non-kid related, by the way. When those nagging suspicions that you've had pan out to be true and you're worried about somebody, do you stick your nose in or keep your nose out? The funny thing is that I was just talking about unsolicited advice a few entries ago. Maybe I should follow my own ramblings and just stay the heck out of it.
But, boy, is it hard. I really want to say something. Part of me wants to sneak up and say GOTCHA! Oh, and this involves all articles of clothing being on, just so you know. I'm not in to sneaking up on anybody in that fashion. I just hate dishonesty. I hate it when trust is broken. And I really hate being lied to or, in the case when no direct words are involved (hence no lying, you see), I despise being misled into thinking something is what it is not.
Are you all still with me? This is why I'm eating cake. It's a birthday cake, to be clear, but any excuse for cake is a good excuse for me. A friend of my kids having a birthday? Awesome! Bring 'em over and let's eat cake. As you all know, though, the tummy can be full and the heart not settled. That's where I am right now. All that's left is a smattering of chocolate crumbs and a half-full mug of lukewarm coffee. I couldn't possibly eat another bite, but I can nuke the coffee. Anything to keep me busy.
Like crocheting. I am officially hooked (get the pun?). Wow. Maybe I've had a little too much coffee. I love this new hobby, though, and fair warning to all my family members... Scarfs For Everybody This Christmas! If you have a color preference, you better get it in now. I'm on a roll. I actually have to discipline myself with my homework: no crocheting till I answer a question or read a chapter. Nah... who am I kidding anyway? I sat down now to work on some questions and the whole blog world can see that I'm not getting that done. So much for discipline.
You know, I've never been good with keeping my mouth shut. I think I might try it now just for kicks and see what happens. After all, is any battle really mine? I think not. I'm not promising anything, though. If I have to keep turning to cake to keep me from saying anything, the end result won't be pretty for anybody. Crocheting I can do. Reading I can do. Overload on the chocolate? Yeah. Let's not venture down that road.
Unless I can find diet chocolate.
Then all bets are off.
No comments:
Post a Comment