Monday, April 18, 2011

Crazy Tow Truck Guy Driver

I very nearly came close to death today. Well, maybe not that close, but close enough for me to thank the Lord for everything He's given me and to ask Him to please, please, please take care of my kids. That's close enough for me.

Where was I? you might ask.
What was I doing? would be a good question.

Answer? I was riding in a tow truck with our broken down truck behind me, sitting in the middle with no seat belt, inches away from the windshield with the driver sitting next to me texting away. Texting. One hand on the phone; one hand on the stick-shift thing. I think he was using his knees to steer. Oh, and he was talking and laughing the whole time with my husband who was happily swapping childhood stories with him. Obviously I was the only one aware of how close to death we actually were.

Well, I take that back. My husband was all too aware of my fingernails digging into his leg. He told the kids about that part later and for the record, he did agree with me. That guy was crazy.

Nice.
Very polite.
Knowledgeable about his job.

But crazy.

Life is indeed a very sweet thing.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Did you really ask God to take care of your kids? I think i might've taken his phone. I'd give it back when we got to our destination safely. =)