Where did the weekend go?
Friday night: bonfire and friends.
Saturday night: mexican dinner and friends.
Sunday night: scrapbooking and friends.
Yep. I've turned into quite the social butterfly.
Seriously, though, I think this weekend has been jam-packed with everything that keeps us busy and makes life fun... of course, the twist in all that everything was a sick kid that reminded me that moms really are needed every now and then.
And by the way, may I interrupt this moment to say how refreshing it is to finally have a child old enough to actually throw up in the toilet without you having to witness the catastrophe on the living room carpet? In fact, old enough to throw up in the toilet, clean any mess up (including themselves), and then tell you about it? I'm sorry, but that was a moment worth mentioning and remembering for me.
Anyhoo, the sickness was short-lived and the weekend continued without anymore drama.
A drama-free weekend.
And did I mention time with friends?
Even the cat has been relaxed.
Spring Break is over. The kids head back to school tomorrow and I add yet another class to my already overloaded brain. My husband casually mentioned yesterday that we are indeed having company for Easter dinner (the Easter dinner that I didn't know I was fixing) and I've been biting my tongue ever since.
So many things I could say.
So many things that I think.
So many things that really don't matter.
What does matter?
Well, the youngest just gave me my mother's day present. Why now? Because she just finished it and is absolutely, positively just like her mother when it comes to keeping a surprise. It can't be done. So she walked up to me smiling and handed me a freshly-completed scrapbook full of memories and handwritten love. I was choking back tears before I hit the third page. Good grief, what did I do to deserve her?
This is going to be one weekend that I hate to see end.
No comments:
Post a Comment