I mean... technically that's true, but it really has no relevance to what's on my mind. I just think that any entry, or book for that matter, is all about the title. It's what grabs our attention. Some of my blog entries have really great content (says me), but very little indicators that it's been read a lot. Others contain meaningless dribble and have huge readership numbers (again by my standards).
Trust me. I'm bigger in my own head than in the virtual world.
At any rate, I think it all goes back to the title. What grabbed your attention to read this anyway? Maybe your own toilet seat has a crack in it and so you felt empathy for me. Maybe you wondered why I would advertise such personal information and thus your curiosity was peaked. Maybe you think I can't afford a new toilet seat and your response is one of pity. Whatever the reason, it got you here.
And now that you're here, let's think about titles.
If your life had a title, what would it say?
Pity Party Crashers
Heartbreak At The ATM
Only My Earrings Are The Same Size
Kinda makes me think of epitaphs... like how a title might be the opener for your life and the epitaph a closer. The tombstone of my parents (who are still living, by the way) reads "Color Me Gone." Granted, this was my dad's idea and also depicts an engraving of a race car, but it does speak volumes in a way. Now that I think about it, I think her side features the praying hands. Yes, I do see the humor in that.
I've been thinking a lot about my own life lately and if I am really living it to its fullest potential. It's no secret that I don't entirely agree with how things are working out, but does that give me any right to dismiss what the Lord has given me? And if I were to fully embrace what He has given me, would I suddenly find a joy that I didn't think was possible in something that was not my idea?
These are the things I think about...
When I'm not thinking about that toilet seat.
1 comment:
I often change my blog title a handful of times based on my mood. LOL The toilet seat grabbed my attention, I admit. Great reflections. Joy is there for the taking, sometimes we have to recognize it. We have our headstone in place with an epitaph. Mine is on one side, my hubby on the other. Love your dads race car. Take care.
Post a Comment