"Sometimes God digs a well of joy with a spade of sorrow."
Those words are courtesy of my grandma who was a prime example regarding the power of finding peace in God's timing. I had never heard of that saying until I was reading through her bible after she passed away. Written in pencil near the back cover, I instantly memorized those words.
I was emailing my mom earlier telling her about my day so far.
It went something like this,
Van is messing up again.
Spilled fingernail polish on my good black pants.
Used a black sharpie on the above mentioned pants.
Went to a job interview.
I honestly don't know what will come of that interview, but it did originate from a call out of the blue. There have been times before when I was sure I had something and I didn't; this time around, I'm not so sure. Who knows? Maybe that's a good thing.
I mean, really... what are the odds of car trouble on your way to an interview in which you are wearing sharpie-doctored pants? What I can tell you is that I seriously just wanted to crawl back into bed and not come out again until it was time to pick the kids up from school, but I went.
I put on my game face and did the best I could.
That's what Grandma would've done.
Ha! Not the black sharpie part
She would have whipped up a new pair pants on her sewing machine...
I'm doing the best I can, Grandma. I promise.
Just don't look at my dirty windows and blinds.
3 comments:
Love that I'm not the only one to "fix" wearables (my dress flats) with a sharpie! Love that ingenuity!
Praying blessings on you and yours!
I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1 KJV)
Teresa Rockefeller said...
Love that I'm not the only one to "fix" wearables (my dress flats) with a sharpie! Love that ingenuity!
Praying blessings on you and yours!
I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1 KJV)
August 24, 2012 8:09 PM
That old SHARPIE trick works every time. Glad it did not cramp your style at the interview. Having no luck with cars myself. You should be cautiously optimistic about it all. Take care.
Post a Comment