Sunday, August 19, 2012
Cute & Cuddly & So Not Gonna Keep 'Em
Houston, we have a problem.
Two problems, to be exact.
Two little-bitty, cute, cuddly problems.
Remember the stray cat from a while back?
Just click here for a refresher.
Well, that cat decided to hang around, destroy a couple of our screens, and have babies. Just our luck. These little gals were found inside our shed yesterday with Simba purring happily beside them. She obviously kept them hid from us a while... probably worried about what the crazy red-headed lady would do. Yep, she's definitely a female through and through. She waited a few weeks for them to grow just enough to waddle when they walk and squeak when they meow. Do you know what this does to a crazy red-headed lady? It makes her look like the world's worst mom for even considering a call to the shelter. I'm out-numbered around here, both by cats and people.
But these furry little felines simply cannot stay. We've got two cats in the house, one of which goes insane when she sees another cat outside... not to mention that we would have to bear the expense of getting every one of these ladies "altered" so we wouldn't be going through this kitty-cat drama again in a few months. There's just no way around it. We still have to get the before-mentioned screens replaced. We can't afford any more cat food. No more cats in the house. Do you get where I'm coming from?
Anyone?
Sheesh. I've gone from the crazy cat lady to the mean cat lady.
I hate being that lady.
Labels:
cat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, I'm confused. First of all, your blog no longer seems to be showing up on my blog list. Hmmm.
OK, here's my original comment, which would not go over well with a lot of people... but we are country folks, and this is life. I am going to get two or three of the barn cats neutered. Depending on how many I can catch. Mama Kitty has had another litter, and Cliff is going to take care of those, if you know what I mean. ENOUGH WITH THE CATS!
They are cute and cuddly. LOVE kitties. Would have a houseful if I could. But we also have one that goes NUTS when she sees another cat. I hear you. I empathize. Good Luck.
Post a Comment