The weather is cold in our neck of the woods today, but like the husband says... cold for us is now any temperature where we can't have the windows open. We've had a fire going most of the day to avoid running the furnace and I'm planning on soup and grilled cheese for supper tonight. It is most definitely a stay-in-kinda-weather day. I think we might pull out some Christmas decorations tonight and if the kids play their cards right, I might treat 'em with some Hershey's hot cocoa.
My three-week visit to the Midwest ended Saturday night when I arrived home to find a very upset cat, a spilled bowl of water that was mixed with litter (some used, some not), and an empty food bowl. Mr. Kitty did not seem to understand that I was not the one who left him in that predicament, but he blamed me just the same. Time heals all wounds, though, and seeing as he is now spread across my feet lazily content, I would say he has forgiven me. Moody cat.
Our job search continues. I am putting in for some substitute work and the husband is drifting back toward law enforcement positions. Between the two of us, we have applied for five jobs in the last 24 hours. Things can get kind of snippy when you have two people who are tired of filling out the same information over and over again. Yesterday was the 19th anniversary of our first date, but I don't think either one of us really cared. We'll celebrate when we get through this.
And get through this, we will.
Thank God for savings.
Thank God for a working fireplace.
Thank God for a happy cat.
1 comment:
I understand your upset cat. When we got back from our trip our two cats were besides themselves. But they forgive and forget, quickly, like yours did. LOL I came back with a sore throat, sneezing, tummy and ear aches, chills and 101temp. Can't seem to shake it. We had the first snowfall of the season here today. Your nice cozy fire, with a cup of hot choclate sounds nice. My hubby is going to start looking again for employment after the first of the year. It's bad out there. I hope something comes through for you and your hubby soon. Take care.
Post a Comment