Friday, November 11, 2011

My Daughter Misses Me =)

My girl sighed heavily as she hung up the phone. Okay, Mom. Back to laundry. The dryer just finished. Heavy, heavy sigh. Before that she had spent forty-five minutes giving me recap of the day that included everything from cheesy Highlights jokes and the supper of hamburgers to the impromptu gun lesson they all received from their dad and the vision of a mysterious image found in the trees. She's learned how to run the new washing machine and the dad has plans of a major house cleaning in the morning.


Personally, I think they're having a great time.


She tells me I've never written a blog all about her. Silly, silly girl. Let's have a quick review. There's the most recent one dedicated to her birthday; an early one all about her sweetness; and who knows how many other ones in between. Besides, my dear daughter, I could never fully capture my fondness for you in one simple blog entry. And you do have brothers, you know. A mom has to spread the love around. My life is pretty full. I really could not ask for more.


Except the job thing. Yeah, that's still there.


But this is the now, and the now is pretty good. My dad and I finally got around to that target shooting today and after he showed me up with his two bulls-eye hits, he gave me a hug that made me feel like a kid again. We visited with an aunt and uncle, ran errands around town, and just generally had a good time. Mom and I have plans for tomorrow and time is ticking away. I remember a time twenty some years ago when I couldn't wait to leave home and do things on my own. Funny how doing things on my own brought me right back here.


So to my oldest who sometimes spends his evenings reading my blog so he can ask me questions about it all later;  to my middle who most likely never reads this stuff, but to whom his brother or sister may give a report to at a later time; to my youngest who will most definitely read this to see if I mentioned her at all like I said I would... I sure do miss you. Thanks for helping your dad and doing what needs to be done. And to my husband who often says he should read this, but never gets around to it, I most definitely miss you. Thank you for giving me this time.


And that's followed by a heavy, heavy sigh from me.

No comments: