It's almost 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas. Why? Because I can, I guess. Days like this don't happen that often, but my bed is not made, the dishes are not washed, and if I don't get ready soon, my kids will be subjected to the sight of their mother in her robe maneuvering the mini-van in after-school traffic. Yeah... we probably want to avoid that kind of trauma.
The culprit for the state of mind I am in would be a very good book and very boring schoolwork. The book demanded to be finished and the schoolwork had to be done. Then there's my back porch with the comfy lounge chair and the sound of trickling water and two lazy cats enjoying the breeze. It's hard to be motivated when you're surrounded by so much laziness.
I mean, come on... it's not like I sleep late and watch soap operas (much) and indulge in bon-bons on a daily basis. I write and read and write some more. I drink coffee and sip root beer and eat left-over pizza. I pull weeds and play with the dog and stare at the neighbors. If you saw me now, though, you would definitely be thinking to yourself, "What a bum." Okay, okay. Today I might have to agree with that.
But don't we all need an occasional day like this?
And for the sake of my sanity, just nod your head and agree for once.
I promise to lose my flowery pj's before I leave the house.
3 comments:
You are describing me every day. Glad to know I am not alone! I work from home, over the internet, and I live alone. Not much motivation to get dressed !
What is this "making the bed" thing to which you refer?
I make our bed practically every day (as my mom picks herself off the floor... I was never one to keep a neat bedroom). I primarily do this because A) it looks nice- one floor, small house; and B) it reduces the temptation for me to crawl back into it after the kids leave for school. =)
I live for days like this. Savor the moment.
Post a Comment