In the morning hours before church, my girl torments two cats with a red laser beam. Okay, so torment might be too strong of a word. They love it. How a cat can endlessly chase a tiny red dot around the living room having learned long ago that he (or she) doesn't stand a chance of ever catching it... well, I'm here to tell you it's solid family entertainment.
I am experiencing the woes of the un-insured. Health care, that is. About two weeks before the husband lost his job and our health insurance went out the window, I had went for to the doctor for an infection that you really don't want to hear about. Short of the story? It's back and I am up a creek. The husband has his VA, the kids are covered by the state (yes, we had to go that route), and I have been hung out to dry. I'm hoping to get my own veteran benefits rolling sometime in the future, but for now my hope remains first in Jesus (we had a talk just the other day) and second in an appointment I've got at a free clinic for Friday.
Well, technically it's not free, more of a based-on-your-income type thing. I had called around this past Friday when I was next to miserable. Take any clinic and try to walk in the door without insurance. The cheapest I found was $108 and that was literally just walking in the door. Put into the equation lab work and all that... $200 is a good guess and that's before a prescription. Lord have mercy. I am by no means an Obama fan, but I have had great fun telling my husband that if he would only leave Obama alone, all my health problems would be solved.
And that is a joke.
A really big joke.
But it drives my husband crazy.
I'll just wait till Friday and continue to consume large amounts of water and cranberry juice (figured it out yet?). In the meantime, I am working on schoolwork, watching some football, and anticipating the cooler temps headed our way this week. Labor Day is going to be a wash-out, but I don't know that anyone really cares around here. We are so ready for rain. The forecast last night showed a number I don't think we've seen since March. 80s. Hallelujah. Even my husband did a little jig last night when he saw that. I am ready to throw the windows open and turn off the air. Our screened-in porch needs a good cleaning and a lot of use. I'm ready for pumpkins on the porch, pumpkin bars in the oven, and a pumpkin latte in my hand.
Anything but cranberry.
4 comments:
You can buy a product called "AZO" at Walmart (or any pharmacy) that really helps the symptoms. It won't cure the infection, but while you are drinking lots of water, it helps to keep you more comfortable.
plain yogurt can be used typically. Or internally as a popsicle sort of
Not typically, topically. Silly word predictor.
AZO has become my new best friend this weekend. The direction say not to use it past two days, but seeing as how I've got till Friday, I'll probably take a final dose of it Thursday morning.
And Beth, I gotta say, using yogurt as a topical thing or as an internal popsicle made me laugh. I would have never thought of such a thing.
Thanks for the tips. =)
Post a Comment