I am wondering where in the world August went. It seems as if we were just wrapping up summer and making school supply lists (of course, this is in the part of the country where school comes a little too early, in my opinion). I'm not complaining. I'm glad to see August go. September kicks off the four months of the year that are my favorite. Granted, we'll have to lose these ninety-eight temps before I can truly appreciate the fall months. Around here summer seems to last through October. Even so, the early mornings are cool and the late evenings are nice. Hope is just around the corner.
Tonight we have a senior meeting for parents to be followed by an open house and rounds two and three in Meet The Teacher. I never look forward to these nights. Nobody talks about what they really want to talk about and the maneuvering through the crowded halls leaves me feeling a little more than anxious. In fact, this takes me back to this same time last year. Oh well. It is the role we must play as parents. We'll load up the car, go through the motions, shake a few hands, share a bottle of germex, and have dinner out afterwards. I suppose I can make small talk for the promise of a meal I don't have to cook.
I can find joy in any Taco Bell.
No comments:
Post a Comment