Friday, September 16, 2011

Whatever It Is, You Can Have It

One of the strangest things to me is when I ask the Lord to show me something, He does, and then I wish I would have never asked. Am I never happy? Why do I think I need to know everything anyway? It doesn't change anything except the fact that now I know and I wish I didn't. Knowing doesn't exactly bring about peace, but I guess it does stop the wondering.

So which is worse, the knowing or the wondering?

I kinda think the wondering is worse. At least with knowing, you can move on either by picking it up and lugging it along with you, or leaving it where it belongs anyway... with the Lord. Now that's the hard part. And it doesn't matter what it is. It can be big or small; life changing or trivial; spouse-related, kid-related, or work-related. I guess it always goes back to trust.

Do I trust the Lord enough?
Do I think He can handle it?
Do I think He needs my help?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

It's not about me.
It's all about Him.
Who's all about me.

He must increase,
but I must decrease.
[He must grow more prominent; I must grow less so.]  

John 3:30


1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Wondering is definitely worse. Once you know, even if it's bad, you can take action accordingly. And there's always SOME kind of action to be taken.