The closer it gets to Saturday, the easier I can breathe.
That was my facebook status, and there is more truth to that than you can possibly know.
I'll be close to family. I'll be close to friends. I'll be close to my mom.
I'll have breakfast with my dad. And watch tv with him. I heard he has quite a few episodes of the "Deadliest Catch" recorded just because he knows I like that and I've been limited to an antenna for quite a few years now. If he's recorded over it? Who cares. That's why they made re-runs.
I'll go shopping with my mom and she'll insist on paying. That's not what motivates me, though. It's just being with someone that cares. Someone that wants to be with you. Someone you love.
I know I have nothing to complain about. I didn't choose this path, but things could always be worse. My husband loves me. My kids are happy. There is a Starbucks less than ten minutes down the road.
But in just a few days, I'll be able to breathe again. No trying to be happy. No making it through just another day. But life.
And I am going to live every moment because if I've learned anything in life, it's that those moments worth living don't last that long.
And I intend on breathing every moment.
1 comment:
Have a great time!
Post a Comment