We had what I guess you would call the first official frost this morning. Well, the first the one that I've noticed anyway. There was even a thin layer of ice in our front yard fountain. That was reason enough for me to break out my thermal shirts.
I love thermal shirts. You know, the thermal underwear kind. There was a time I wore that bottoms as well under slacks. Since we've moved south, I haven't ever needed the bottoms... got rid of those a long time ago. I really didn't think I would ever need them again. Of course, there was a time when I considered sixty degrees warm and flip-flop weather. I think I'm officially acclimated.
Now sixty degrees is just right for a thermal shirt, long-sleeved shirt on top of that, jeans, and socks. The flip-flops were tucked away deep in the closet this morning. I felt like they were mocking me, so I had to put them in their place. No flip-flops for a while.
Okay. Maybe just until tomorrow. This week looks to be in the mid-70's. That's definitely flip-flop weather. Not so much in the morning, though. Temps in the thirties call for a cozy fire, warm sweats, and fuzzy socks. It's almost a guarantee that by noon tomorrow I'll be trading the fuzzy socks for the flip-flops. Well, almost a guarantee. I've had trouble staying warm lately. Must be this southern weather.
By the way, the title is from a poem my classes used to recite right around this time of year. A frosty morning always takes me back to a room full of elementary students who genuinely enjoyed school (almost) every day of the year.
Thermal shirts and frosty pumpkins. It's a good combination.
1 comment:
Oh how well I remember those days, Angela...students enjoying school :)
I am so enjoying your blogs--you say it all!!
Love,
Deb xxx
Post a Comment