If my life were a book, my children would not follow me to every room to which I go. At least I don't think that they would. If my life were a book, I would have a room dedicated to me complete with a lock on the door.
Wait. I have that. It's called my bedroom. The problem is that if I went in my room I would get tired and think only of sleep. I'm tired enough as it is. That's why I'm in the dining room.
But we've been here before. And we know what happens when I sit down at the table surrounded by papers and a laptop. Instant I want time with my mom and I want it now! It's all making my head hurt.
I should be thankful. This is the season for thankfulness and family and turkey. I've got the family. I've got the turkey. I just need to find the thankfulness.
And I am thankful. I'm thankful for kids that just want my opinion on something. I'm thankful for kids who evidently like to be around me most of the time. And I'm thankful for the kid who hovers around me like he has some life changing question only to ask,
"Can I have a doughnut?"
A doughnut? Seriously? Oh, if only all of life's problems could be solved by a Krispy Kreme doughnut. We would all be thankful whether it was Turkey Day or not.
"Yes. Please. Have a doughnut... and leave me alone till morning."
No comments:
Post a Comment