Thursday, November 11, 2010

If My Life Were A Cat

If my life were a cat I would find the coziest spot in the house and never leave it.
If my life were a cat I would wait for someone to refresh my food and water bowl.
If my life were a cat I would have someone else clean up all the poo I left behind.

Ha!

Random thoughts for a beautiful Veteran's Day. The cat came to mind because he has ceremoniously perched himself atop a blanket left behind on the couch. He knows he shouldn't be there, but that hasn't stopped him.

The food and water bowl thought occurred because from where I sit, I can see a countertop in the kitchen covered with dirty dishes. I know I'll have to deal with that mess before I can address the issue of "What's for dinner?"

And the poo remark just kind of came from nowhere, but the more I think on it, the more meaning I can find. If I used the word that came to mind, my daughter would have a fit. And it's not the bad version of the word; more like the rap with a c in front. That's a big no-no in our house, and I'm the worst offender.

Wouldn't it be something if we could make the mess (and understand I'm talking life experiences here and not just the literal translation of the word) and someone else would come along, scoop it all up, and then dispose of it so we would never have to deal with it again?

I think the cat has it all figured out.

No comments: