Maybe it was the coffee I had at four in the afternoon.
Or the chocolate milk I had at nine in the evening.
The melatonin I took at ten certainly did no good.
I have been up the entire, blessed night. Not a wink of sleep. None. Zero. Zilch. I absolutely hate it when this happens. I am most definitely a sleep person. I go to bed early. I sleep late when I can. I nap as often as an opportunity will present itself. Back in the days of the classroom, I've been known to close the door, hit the light, and stretch on the floor behind my desk. Sleep is a priority to me. I know the health benefits. I think better. I probably look better.
So when I can't sleep, my entire world threatens to crumble.
I am not my grandma. She would be up cleaning or canning or doing something when sleep would flee. I am not my daughter. She would have already had a quilt block finished or embroidered a pillow or something of creative value. That is so not me. All I can do is bemoan the fact that I cannot sleep to no one other than myself.
I was going to get up at three and work on school work, but my eyes did not appreciate the light. I started a fire and envisioned myself sleeping on the couch like I often do with the cats by my side. The cats loved it, but the flickering of flames in an otherwise dark house did not do well even with my eyes shut. I am evidently just too darn picky.
So here I sit, twelve minutes away from my weekly alarm breaking the silence. I am trying to stay positive because the youngest mentioned to me after my last blog post that I have been getting rather depressing. I don't know what to tell you, girl. Sometimes that is just how this momma gets. Even so, I have been picking up my bible more and thinking about the goodness of the Lord.
For He is good... even on the nights I cannot sleep.
Here's to another Monday. And coffee. I should be on my third cup by nine.
3 comments:
I can fully relate to this one. You have perfectly described my typical night. My sleeplessness usually comes from anxiety - and lately I have an enormous amount of it.
Hopefully you'll have a restful night soon!
If you're depressed, you're depressed. Either admit it or lie. I'd rather you didn't lie. I never sleep well at night, and right now I have a cold giving me a tickle in my throat that makes me cough. So I had four hours of sleep last night. I keep telling myself it's a good thing to be awake more, so I am not wasting my life sleeping. But it sure would be nice to sleep all night.
I found my natural body clock prefers to sleep in the morning and not at night, so I've adapted my lifestyle to it. But as for a restless night you just have to ride with it until sleep comes.
Post a Comment