Monday, February 24, 2014
Teenagers Rule On The Lame Definition (at least none of us have the energy to argue that fact)...
I asked the youngest if it was too early to post a wedding photo (our anniversary is in March) as my new profile pic on facebook to which she responded with a resounding, "Yes!"
This is why I have teenage children.
I mean, really. They keep me up to date on the proper uses of "lol".
Only GROWN-UPS capitalize the blasted thing, in case you're wondering.
They let me know when things are lame or overused or just plain dumb.
For example, I thought "swag" was hip forever until I was informed just tonight that it will be dreadfully out of style by 2016.
The husband and I sat with the youngest tonight at dinner and laughed and laughed and laughed. I remember when it was just he and I (him and me?) with the oldest. Now those were some days. Neither one of us had a clue, but boy, was he ever a good daddy. Now those days of our babies being babies are just memories. We're surrounded by young adults with fresh ideas and just enough tradition thrown in to keep us all sane.
We don't change much around our house except for a little shuffling here and there. Kids at work. Kids at home. The husband always busy. A mom always on the couch. Cats roam. Cats sniff. Cats meow.
And you thought you were dropping in for a little inspiration.
Only one thing is for certain.
Only one thing is for sure.
Only one thing never changes.
Except for me and coffee, of course...
The Lord knew exactly what He had in mind when he took a southern boy and mid-western girl and sparked a fire. We've missed the mark in so many ways, but we've hit it straight on in so many others.
And for the record, I don't think it's at all too early to post the wedding pic, but I'll trust the powers that be on this one.
Lord knows I don't need another lecture on that one.
Labels:
facebook
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post the wedding picture. March is as good as here. You've got to love the kids though. They have a mind of their own. And you hit the mark. Sometimes with them, we get it right.
Post a Comment