Thursday, September 27, 2012

And The Low-Balance Alert Says...

$17.20 in our checking account.

Chuckle, chuckle. Cry, cry.

Meanwhile, the NFL refs got what they wanted and we still can't afford tickets to see our favorite team. Same goes for George Strait. He announced his final tour and the girl and I talked about trying to see him next year. I checked out ticket prices for a venue near us... yeah, that's not going to happen either.

On the plus side, I have managed to make a $56.00 grocery trip made at the beginning of the week carry this family of five through the end of the week. Thank God for potatoes. From side dishes to soup to just a plain old baked potato to go along with chili, they can stretch out any budget.

Of course, I may want to leave potatoes out of next week's meal planning.

Even I could use a break.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Next week, rice.

Just kidding.

Sort of.

While the thin times help us appreciate the comfortable times more, i know it gets old. Trusting God that a turn around is over the horizon. <3