I woke up this morning, threw back a couple of cups of coffee, popped a roast in the slow cooker, and tied a red handkerchief around my head. For me, that can only mean one thing... serious cleaning is on the agenda for the day. With the help of the husband, we packed up Christmas, organized the attic, and got things back to their pre-holiday state. We've got bags for the trash, bags for Goodwill, and bags under my eyes (no makeup kinda day). My hair is flat, my nail polish chipped, and my feet sore.
Boy, am I glad that's over with.
Tomorrow the kids head back to school and I'll pick up where I left off in the middle of an economics class. Fourteen weeks to go. That's fourteen (give or take) assignments, fifty-some questions to fuddle my way through, and a couple more thousand dollars to add to the I.O.U. I caught myself daydreaming today about when I do officially finish. Needless to say, I can only hope I look half as good accepting the job of my dreams as I did in that brief, three-minute fantasy trip.
It was the happiest three minutes of my whole day. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment