While I sat this morning drinking coffee and crocheting (how old am I?) my oldest sat with me drinking a Powerade and talking about his future. It seems that the two most important men in his life have been talking to him about the Air Force. I don't know whether to smile or cry.
Smile because, after all, we are talking the Air Force here. That would be taking after me and not his Army dad (who, ironically, is one of the two men saying Go Air Force!). We have our own bit of friendly rivalry around this house.
Cry because, after all, we are talking about my firstborn here. The whole thing makes me think of my mom and dad who went through this with their own firstborn (my brother) and then again with their youngest (that would be me).
As I was washing dishes after he headed back outside, I was thinking That's what you get for instilling in these kids a love of country and hope for a future. So like I said, I'm not sure whether to smile or cry. Good thing he's still got a year of school left.
And good thing he's still in the thinking mode.
We all know how it is to have so many possibilities ahead.
The Senior Year has begun.
2 comments:
My hubby did ARMY ROTC in High School and then AIR FORCE ROTC in College. Possibilities at that age are limitless. You'll support whatever decision he makes, 'cause that's what moms do. Smile, it's a good thing there is another year to go.
And the senior year goes by fast too! Mine heads off to college in 2 weeks! Yikes.
Post a Comment