When I first started this whole series about my brother and his journey through an elective weight loss surgery, I really didn't know how long it would go on. Even now, I still don't. It's not that I get tired of hearing about it (and you have the choice whether you read it or not)... it's just that as time goes by his life is getting back to what I would call normal. He is doing extremely well, I think, and I believe he would agree. If this is a new topic for you, your best bet would be just to click on the
gastric sleeve bypass link under
Specific Topics (you'll find that on the left of this page). If you know of anyone who has had this surgery or if you're thinking about it yourself, Tony's been pretty upfront about all the ups and downs of the whole process. It's definitely worth the read.
As usual, here's an update in his own words.
May 16, 2011
OHHH SO CLOSE, I weighed in at 301 that makes 90 pounds so far, I am knocking on the door of 2 of my goals. 1. to get under 300 and 2. was to loose 100 pounds in 90 days. The 21st of May will be 90 days since surgrey, I was hoping to weigh 291 on that day. I had to put another notch in my belt that is 3 new notches now. LOL.
May 20, 2011
Today is a good day even with all the storms. I weighed in at 299, finally made it under 300 pounds. 8 pounds away from losing 100 pounds.
May 21, 2011
Well today has been 90 days since my gastric sleeve bypass surgery, I weighed in this morning at 297, that is 94 pounds down from 391, only 6 more pounds to hit the 100 pound mark. Then my next goal will be to weigh in at 225, that will be a total of 166 lost. I am hoping for this to happen by the mid to end of Sept. of this year, only 72 more pounds to go.
May 30, 2011
May 30th is an important day, Don't forget to thank a VET and tell them thank you for putting it on the line, so you could sleep peaceful at night.
I still think back to my time I spent on the other side of this big blue marble we live on. I seen some things and done some things that I don't care to share and probably never will. But I am glad I had a chance to do my part. I was proud to be a soldier and I am proud of our troops that do the grind day in and day out. THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE SERVED AND TO THE ONES THAT ARE SERVING AT THIS TIME.
WHOOO HOOO, I made the 100 pound mark. I weighed in at 291 today. Only 66 more pounds to meet my goal of 225. The crazy doctor wants me to get to 170. I think that is tooooooooooo light. LOL. I might go to 200 but we will cross that road when I get there. Oh I have also had to move my belt in 6 inches, it has alot of new holes in it.
Thank you to everyone that has been following my up's and down with this weight loss. It is nice to share it with you all. Judy tells me all the time that I am looking good, but sometimes I think she just says stuff so she can go gambling. LOL Just kidding on that part.
June 12, 2011
UPDATE on the weight loss, 285 is what I weighed in at today, that is 106 pounds lost. not too far from my goal of 225. I think I am getting to where I can't have milk. Last 2 times I tried to eat cereal I yak it up once and felt really ILL on the second one. Other than that I have pretty much done really well. Oh, and I have moved my belt in 7 inch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was looking for a recent picture to upload, but couldn't find a good one where a fish is not blocking his face. Haha. He has been doing a lot more stuff lately including fishing, working his shop, and babysitting his granddaughter. All in all, I would say life is pretty sweet for him at the moment.
And if you're a frequent visitor to this blog, your eyes are not messing with you. I've been tweaking some things a bit with a new layout and trying to find the best way for easy reading. There's a new feature added to the left that will allow you to follow blog updates via email. I think you just type in your email address, submit it, and presto! It's kinda like delivering me straight to your inbox. (Creepy vibes, I'm sure).
You see what's going on, right?
I've got this extra free time from what once was an overloaded school schedule to what is now a quiet house.
I might as well have a little fun while I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment