Monday, March 14, 2011

Tony's Journey: Volume Four

I'm sitting here thinking about my brother tonight. Today was his first day back to work since his surgery a few weeks ago. His updates via Facebook have gotten fewer and farther between. Like he says, though, there are only so many ways a person can say the same thing:

March 1, 2011
Well I found my limit on my new stomach being full. 1 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of sugar free jello. It took about 1 hour to eat it all. And man am I stuffed. Seriously, I am stuffed. LOL That is just wrong. Oh by the way down to 355 that's 30 pounds in 19 days.


March 7, 2011
Well here is an update on my weight loss, started out at 385 on the 11th of Feb. This morning Mar 7, I am down to 349. Since my surgery I am losing a 1 pound a day. I am really bored here at the house. I am ready to go back to work. Man did I just say that. So that is 36 pounds in 25 days. And I haven't been able to exercise yet. I guess that isn't to bad.


March 11, 2011
Well it has been 1 month since my weight loss started, and 19 days since my surgery. I have went from 385 to 345 in this amount of time. I am down to losing 1 pound a day and I am not exercising yet. I start back to work on Monday, so I will be getting alot of walking in so hopefully the weight will come off even more.

I have to be honest about one thing, if anyone is every thinking about this. YOU BETTER BE SURE YOU WANT TO LIVE THIS LIFE STYLE. I really love food, I was obsessed with food. and here lately it has really taking its toll on my mental head ...games. I know it is all in my head but man it is really hard to watch people eat what you love to eat. My side kick keeps telling me that I will be able to eat these foods again in about 6 weeks, but I just won't be able to stuff myself. Am I happy about losing the weight, YEP. Would I have been able to do this on my own with no surgery? NOPE. So yes I did the right thing I just have to make myself understand it will get better and I will feel better.
I hope to lose 30 pounds a month. I am hoping to be down to 320's by the end of the month. As always I will keep you all up to date. DON'T GET ME WRONG. I am happy I did this, it is just tough sometimes to understand that it is the real deal and there is no turning back.



So Tony, although I can't say I know what you're going through, I can say that I firmly believe you will finish what you started. I remember what you said your goal was... to get healthy and stay that way.

And I know you've got all the motivation you need.



I don't think we need any more pictures tonight.
This one says it all.
Love you, BROTHER.
Hang in there.

No comments: