After collapsing into bed around 4:00 a.m. following our two-vehicle trip back home, I came back to life around noon. Since that time, I've...
Restocked the refrigerator (not quite).
Unpacked our bags (sort of).
Took down Christmas decorations (almost).
In other words, I haven't really finished anything I started today. I did manage to get a few groceries after a rather scary experience with two-week old creamer in the fridge. My girl was looking for a particular shirt that required me to search my luggage. And the weather was so pretty that I found myself outside taking down lights and garland when my original plan was to do that tomorrow. I made the mistake of going to Lowes with my husband where I spotted some totes boxes on sale. Since I bought a few of those, I figured I might as well take down our tree and pack away the ornaments.
Then I simply ran out of steam. I looked at the Christmas-themed dishes that still need to be washed and glanced at the red and green tablecloth that is currently buried under an assortment of... well, everything and decided I didn't have the energy to even think about anything else.
So I sat down with a fresh cup of decaf and the ever-present brownie. The cat is passing the time by exploring every tote, box, and bag that currently litter the living room floor. Artificial pine needles are scattered everywhere. The only clear spot on the couch is the very place I am sitting.
Welcome home.
No comments:
Post a Comment