Wednesday, May 4, 2016

So apparently I have not posted anything since the last month of the last year. I can promise you that it is not because I have nothing to say. Quite the contrary. It's mostly because I have too much to say...

and a job to keep.

It becomes somewhat of a muddled path when co-workers get mixed in with friends that are already mixed in with family. Sharing my thoughts was so much easier when I was remotely tucked away into the shadowy corners of my own home with no job and no one to please. Now the light of day sometimes blinds me and this annoying precept of attempting to appear nice is excruciating and trust me, appearance and truth are two different things. In my head are those all too familiar words: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

Ergo, the reason for the silence on the blog front.

Do I retire this blog, start a new one, or just can it altogether?

Anyone?







6 comments:

Donna. W said...

I have always felt that I blog for me, nobody else. Of course I leave some things unsaid (probably not nearly enough things), but I'd say just go with your gut feelings. Whatever feels right for you, do it. If that means starting over and perhaps not telling people about it, or making it private so that you know exactly who is reading it, have it it. You could even make this a private blog and just invite who you want to read it.

TARYTERRE said...

I took an 8 month respite. Now I am back giving blogging a go again. I've been where you are at. Follow your heart. Let your instincts rule. I wish you well.

Jon said...

These are supposed to be our blogs, where we can express our opinions - - BUT I always find myself walking on proverbial egg shells for fear of what others will think. Relatives read my blog and I try not to offend them. Some of my personal friends HATE my blog. Other readers dislike my political views - and think I'm too self-absorbed.

My advice is to keep blogging - even if you prefer to start a new blog. Life is too short and sweet to waste time worrying about what others think. You'll never please everybody - and there will ALWAYS people who are offended, no matter what you say. Let them be offended.

Jon said...

Sorry for the typos. This keyboard skips letters when I type quickly.

Anonymous said...

Your mother enjoys reading you blog, so I hope you continue
to do so.
Love You
Mom

Beth said...

Of course you can't stop blogging!!