By this time next week, I should be just about to the front door of heaven.
Heaven on earth, that is.
It's been over six years since we left home. I will never be convinced that was the right move (and definitely not a smart move), but the Lord has been good to us. To be fair, I know He's not done with us yet. I'm sure His ending is a better one than I could ever come up with, but right now I just want my mom.
You all know I love my porch and the weather and the sweet tea. There are definitely perks all around me. I gotta tell you, though, I could have that same porch and the same weather (right now anyway) and the same sweet tea back home. Home just isn't home when your mom (and dad!) aren't right around the corner.
I've been thinking about moms quite a bit lately. I see whiny moms, nice moms, bossy moms, and pretty moms on a daily basis. Although they all have their differences, they all share the same trait: weariness. I have not met one mom yet who isn't exhausted. Let's hear it for moms everywhere.
Do you know I still have a little box of notes my mom would write me from way back when? She worked two jobs and during that time period, our only real form of communication was little notes left on the table. I'm kinda glad we didn't have facebook or texting back then. I couldn't keep that in a box. It's sad (to me) how little things like handwritten notes have been lost to an easily deleted message on a screen.
Hmmmm. Now that's something to think about, isn't it?
Heaven on earth.
I absolutely cannot wait.
2 comments:
I agree with you. The written word can't be replaced. And neither can home sweet home.
Very true that we don't print out those special e-mails that we get from people the way we keep wonderful cards or notes from people. I live about 2 minutes away from my parents and it is very handy.
Post a Comment