The day is rainy. My feet are tired.
And for some reason, I feel like rambling... but in a good way.
I don't think I have a complaining bone in my body right now.
Well, except for one.
If I were to complain, it would be about a lack of coffee in my house, but that won't last. A trip to the store is a definite for the agenda tonight. So see what I mean? Not really worth complaining about.
Hold on to your seat for now. I'm about to make a rather staggering announcement (well, for those who know me anyway). I can't believe I am about to say this. My heart feels rather fluttery at the very thought of admitting it. Even now I am pausing to think if I really mean what I am about to confess.
And please don't hold it against me later.
But here goes.
I am very, very fulfilled right now in my life. I have a job that I like, that I didn't think I would like, but I like it very much. I am busy with little time to think, eat, or make more than one trip to the bathroom a day (and most of you know what I mean) and I absolutely love it.
My kids are growing up. They start school on Monday, the last two, that is. I followed the youngest around during her open house last night and was amazed at her confidence. I do believe she is about to rock the sophomore world. The middle is an official licensed driver and ready to conquer his senior year. The oldest continues to work faithfully and help out when needed. They are growing up and I am growing older and for some strange reason, that fills me with peace.
I finally drive a car that does not sputter and moan and blink warning lights at me.
I pet cats that are finally flea free.
The funny thing about my rather twisted sense of optimism is the view I have from where I sit. Laundry hangs where I last left it on Sunday (or maybe Saturday). The miscellaneous socks and sheets I left on the couch over the weekend are still there. My desk is cluttered. The carpet has not been vacuumed. I can't even think about the mess in my bedroom right now.
And yet it will all be there in the morning...
After I've had the required cup of coffee.
3 comments:
When things are good you don't have to question why. Just revel in the glow.
Seriously, who runs out of coffee? I'd run out of TOILET PAPER before I would run out of coffee. And the socks and sheets and cluttered desk would only make me feel at home. Who worries about that stuff? Oh yeah, normal people. I've always been a little strange.
The coffee I had. The creamer I did not. In my book, that's the same thing as being coffee-less. I was a little bit distracted the night before and clearly not thinking straight. =)
Post a Comment