Two very, MAD cats at the moment.
I would take a picture, but out of respect for their self-esteem (do cats have such I thing?), I will refrain. Let's face it, nobody looks pretty coming straight out of a bath... especially a cat.
That daughter of mine is a trooper. She jumped right in and gave the first one, the old and clawless one, a Dawn-infused soapy bath without too much excitement. For cat number two, the younger one with claws, she sported a long-sleeved shirt at the advice of her older brother and fearlessly battled the flying suds for the one she loves.
And once again I cannot help but wonder,
How in the world did we end up with animals in the house?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Summer marches on our house. In our neck of the woods, it's been nothing but rain every day. The sun will shine for brief moments and if you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of blue sky before the clouds close in. Our grass has never been so green. Seriously. That's the plus side of our rain-soaked forecast. The down side? It's almost impossible to get that green grass mowed. Oh, and if your job happens to involved the outdoors, like the husband's... well, that just throws another curve into the already curvy road of life and bills.Typically at this juncture of July I would be complaining about the heat.
I know. Some people are just never happy, huh?
Speaking of bills and never being happy, I'm thinking of taking my education to the next level. I figure I've got student loans that aren't going anywhere anytime soon, the rates (for new loans) just shot up anyway, and hey, who knows what might be around the next corner. I keep thinking there's got to be something more.
Which makes me think of a song that brings me to this video.
Don't worry. I have no plans of hitchhiking or running away and I am happy, but if I ever do pack a suitcase, I'm taking my mom with me.
Right, Mom? ;)
3 comments:
Giving a cat a bath takes a brave soul. ENJOYED the Sugarland video.
you better not go without me...just say the word =)
love you
Mom
You're very courageous to give cats a bath. If I ever tried to do that with mine, she'd kill me.
I always keep my cat indoors. All the stray ones reside in my yard. My neighbor abandoned them when she moved and I've been suffering ever since!
Post a Comment