The husband has been having trouble with his elbow and has lately been seen around the house with a gallon-sized ziplock full of crushed ice attached to his arm. I went to bed before him last night to browse my nook, make a play or two on Words With Friends, and play a round of Scrabble (notice no reading was involved). I was fully relaxed and slightly drowsy and just getting ready to turn off the light when he walked in and put his melted bag of ice on my leg. He thought he was being funny.
He wasn't.
The bag opened unexpectedly as only a ziplock bag can do and what was suppose to be a funny move turned into a torrent of freezing water all over me. The conversation that followed is not important and probably shouldn't be repeated anyway. What is important is that after that event, I was no longer fully relaxed and slightly drowsy even though the light was now off. I was wide awake and full of thoughts that only a dark, quiet house can entertain.
Friends. There are friends and then there are good friends. I am thankful for the good friends.
Groceries. Sub sandwiches and pizza dip. Chili. Lasagna. Our meals for the next three nights.
Bills. Sometimes you just gotta know when to cut your losses and hope for the best.
Jobs. Praying. Believing. Waiting.
Fleas. Is that another stupid flea biting me?!?
Somewhere in the midst of cursing those pesky fleas and wondering if pizza dip at 11:30 at night would be a bad idea and thinking about what tomorrow might bring, I went to sleep.
A deep, dreamless sleep that lasted until the alarm went off at 5:30 a.m.
And then the thoughts started all over again. It's gonna be one of those days.
That man better not come after me again with a bag of ice. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment