We came home tonight to find a scrawny black kitten galloping across our yard. The youngest was the most natural target and so now, some two hours later, she is still outside pampering that cat. Although another inside varmint is not in the cards, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a roaming outsider. I'd bet everything I don't have in my wallet that she comes in with that kitten already named.
*door opens*girl walks in*
You got that cat named yet?
*guilty smile*
Simba.
I am sitting in my usual spot on the couch. There's a laptop in front of me, a nook tablet to my left, and a cell phone to my right. Do I really think I'm gonna miss out on anything? On the television is a rerun of America's Got Talent. It's the same episode from last night. Evidently prime time is running out of ideas. Imagine that.
Ooooh. I guess there is a new one coming on.
I think I'll skip it and head elsewhere.
I'm sure this same one will be playing tomorrow.
Yeah. I must be running out of things to talk about.
Except that graduation is coming up and my parents are driving out next week. The job search continues and the printer went kerplunk today in the middle of a resume. I guess there are lots of things to talk about, but I think we'll save all that for another day.
And if you're in the neighborhood and need a cat, feel free to swing by and pick one up. You're certain to find one curled up on our front porch.
2 comments:
I am not a cat person. Cliff is always willing to get rid of unwanted cats. But Mama Kitty showed up at my doorstep and started killing unwanted pests on a regular basis, and what were we supposed to do? OK, if the right cat comes along, I am a cat person.
We always have INSIDE kitties. But we had an outside cat a while back. It was wonderful. She would frolic in the leaves. Sit by my side when I sat on patio reading. When we made the decision to bring her inside, she got depressed. we insisted that she stay. She wanted none of that. It ended badly. We should have left well enough alone. I hope your new little outsider does well.
Post a Comment