Monday, March 19, 2012

My Daughter Has Lost Her Mind

I told her I was going give this entry that title.
She said, "Fine by me. I'll like it."
So here you go, girl. This one's for you.

She said she wanted to spend time with me so I suggested the front porch swing. My first question? What do you want? Her response was the rolling of the eyes and the sweet assurance that she wanted nothing, only my company. So I asked her what his name was.

Quentin.
Quentin?
Quentin.

He's got blonde hair and blue eyes and lives in Sweden. He likes to play football or soccer or something. At this point I had already zoned her out because obviously, there is no Quentin. Then she started singing and texting and tossing ice cubes off the porch. I challenged her with landing one in the bird bath to which she quickly accepted. She went through a couple of ziplocks full of ice before she proclaimed her arm too tired to continue. Now she's back inside anxiously awaiting tonight's new season of Dancing With The Stars. Lord, I hope those girls have some clothes on.

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. Earlier today I thought I would break out the wedding album. Would you believe I couldn't find it? I'm not sure if that's a sign or what. Ha! The husband just left with cash in hand to buy me a gift, I presume. He asked me what I wanted and it only took me a minute to think. No jewelry. No clothes. No techno gadgets.

A vacuum.
Because I need a new vacuum.
Is that lame or what?

Hey, it is what it is. If he's in the spending mood, then I'm gonna jump on what I need and a vacuum cleaner it would be. Now I don't know if he'll actually get one or not, but it doesn't really matter to me. Each year we make it through is celebration enough. Nineteen years. Pretty good considering we only dated a month before the blessed proposal.

Now if I could only find that album.
And my daughter could find her mind.
Things would be just about perfect.  =)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


*He did return later with a new vacuum cleaner, just so you know. He proudly fixed it up and plugged it in, passing the baton (handle) to me to give it a whirl. At some point in my newfound suction-ing glory, the thought did pass through my head... I should've asked for diamonds.


Ha! Just kidding.
Diamonds can't pick up cat hair.



3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. And many MORE to you and your husband.

Willa said...

That was a job planning a wedding with you in Colorado and me in Missouri, but we made it happen...Happy Anniversary..I got a wonderful son-n-law and three wonderful grandkids from that union...love you all

Love, Mom

Angela said...

You did the planning, Mom. I just showed up and put on the dress! I don't know what I would do without you... then or now.

Love you much. =)