Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mama's In A Mood

Well, I finished reading The Help and subjected the husband to the movie tonight. All in all, not bad (the book totally rocked the movie, though). I did not like how either one ended and if I knew they wouldn't butcher it, I'd love to see READ a sequel. Next up on my nook is Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close (or maybe it's the other way around), but I have a world literature class starting next week. With three textbooks due to arrive by Wednesday, I'm thinking my nook may end up taking a long nap. I hate to start something and then have to stop halfway through. I tend to forget what was going on to begin with.

Yesterday was a lousy day. I started an entry late last night, but lost count of how many times I included the word cried... and that was just in the first paragraph. I figure everybody has their own issues without reading mine, so I just made use of that handy delete button. Suffice it to say, there are times when I loathe the day I waved the white flag and gave into the husband's plea to move nine hundred miles away from my family, my job, and my life. It's probably a good thing we don't get re-do's in life. I can think of something else I would've done with that little white flag (and it wouldn't have been waving it in surrender).

Yeah. I am in just one peachy mood.
But God has a plan... right?


What, what would have become of me had I not believed
 that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living!

 Wait and hope for and expect the Lord;
 be brave and of good courage
 and let your heart be stout and enduring.

 Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Psalm 27:13-14, Amplified.


2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Oh, but you MUST read "Mudbound" after reading "The Help". And I can loan it to one person for two weeks. So let me know when you have time. I've never done the lending thing, but I'm sure I can learn.

Angela said...

I've not done the lending thing either, but I think it's a simple as exchanging emails. I will let you know... I'll see how next week goes. Thanks!