Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowstorms and Sweet Tea

I'm sitting here thinking about all this snow and so very, very glad it's not at my house.

Courtesy of Mom & Her Awesome Picture Uploading Skills



I sat outside this morning with my cup of coffee. Sat in the sunshine with temps in the low 60s.

Courtesy of Tony (Even Though I Swiped It Before I Asked)
*He's my brother. I can do that.*



I keep telling my parents they need to fly south for the winter. I mean, come on. A little of this stuff is pretty...

Courtesy of Sharon, My Best Teaching Friend
 


But then it kind of gets ridiculous. And these pictures aren't even from the Northeast. Now those people have something to cry about.

More of Mom's Uploads



My youngest was too little to partake in the shoveling duties when we lived in the Midwest; my middle watched from the front window with me.  My oldest remembers the pain all too well.

And yet another. Thanks, Mom!



To be fair, the snow is something awesome to behold. There is something peaceful about the quietness of it all. I use to like snow.

Courtesy of Judy, My Sister-In-Law
 High Above the Rocky Mountains



I use to like bundling up in long-johns and sweaters and coats and hats and mittens and boots (with the mandatory three pairs of socks underneath).
 
Courtesy of Raylene, Senior Class of '89 Rules!



Then again, I use to like unsweetened tea.

Courtesy of Me & My Favorite Place To Be






*Thanks to all my Facebook family and friends for letting me share their pictures
of The Great Snow Event of the Midwest, February 1-2, 2011. I've enjoyed your
sledding stories and snow ice-cream recipes from afar. See you in the summer!


1 comment:

Raylene Bentch said...

Very nice! I loved it, and glad to be able to share with you.

P.S. Class of 89 does rule :)

Raylene