The cat won't stop staring at me.
He has followed me around everywhere today.
I'm starting to think I'm his best friend.
The husband thinks I can do no wrong.
He absolutely, positively loved his supper tonight..
I even remembered to patch up his work pants.
The kids were glad to see me.
They love it when I greet them with carbonated joy.
I don't mind buying their affection every now and then.
And so was my day. Kinda funny (and potentially sad) when you read it that way. I'm wondering if it says too much about me that I put the cat first. Seeing that he is currently perched by my feet, lets me pet him most of the time, and never talks back... well, I think it's all in the right order. After all, he is the one I spend my days with. Me and the cat. We're like best buds.
As for supper, I successfully duplicated my husband's favorite restaurant meal. Oh, the rave reviews I received! Yep, he knows how to work me. A little pat on the back goes a long way around here. And the patching of the pants? Pretty remarkable considering I don't sew. That gene skipped me and went straight to my daughter. In fact, I think he did ask her to mend those pants. Oh well. Give me a store-bought patch, dust off the iron, and I can make it work, too.
And hey, is there any town that doesn't have a Sonic with half-price drinks at happy hour? That's right. I've got it figured out. Occasionally pick your kids up from school with a cherry dr. pepper or a strawberry slush ready to go. It'll put the most thankful of smiles on even the grumpiest teenager's face. Not that my kids are ever grumpy. Or moody. Nope. Not my kids. They are the next thing to perfection (you can hear the sarcasm, right?).
Don't worry. I'm not delusional. I'm just fine.
I've got my sleeping cat, my happy husband, and my satisfied kids.
At least until the sun comes up tomorrow.
1 comment:
Angela,
Came by your blog by way of a comment on WAFJ. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. Blessings to you and your family far and near.
Teresa
Post a Comment