Thursday, October 21, 2010

Won't You (Not) Be My Neighbor?

I was sitting outside in my usual spot when I got the most unusual feeling. Glancing up from the book I was reading, I spotted my neighbor across the way standing as still as a statue and facing my way. He was by a tree and with the wind whistling though the New Orleans-style shutters behind me, well, let's just say that creepy would be a good word choice here. I looked back down as quick as I could (see no evil, hear no evil) and when I chanced to sneak a peak a few seconds later, he had moved on.

Now perhaps the man was just taking a break from all the planting he has been doing lately. Perhaps he just needed a few zen moments to focus on nothing and just happened to be facing my direction. Perhaps he is just weird.

Neighbors. Gotta love 'em... or build a very tall fence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do things like that...the answer is I'm just weird :-).
I stopped by from Donna's blog.
~Mary