Saturday, August 14, 2010

What Does Your Bookshelf Say About You?

I was doing some painting in a home today when my eyes were naturally drawn to a bookshelf. Patience was definitely in demand as I waited until the brush I was trimming out the baseboards with took me in that general direction. Once there, I have to admit some time was lost as I tilted my head sideways to check out the titles. Having never met the homeowner, I nonetheless felt like I had encountered an old friend by the time my eyes searched the bottom shelf. Extremely organized, the top two shelves were dedicated to books of a religious sort and motivational titles. What followed below, though, was what got my heart racing. History titles. Civil War themes. A biography on Dolly Madison. If my husband had not been present urging me on with a paint bucket in hand, I do believe I might have dared to pluck a book or two from their perch. My trim work resumed, however, even as I was planning what treasure of my own I might send over for a potential book swap. Can friends be made over what a bookshelf contains? We'll find out tomorrow. 

No comments: